At Mendonça Prado Advogados, the labor area is made up of professionals who dedicate themselves exclusively to corporate causes.
Our team specialized in the area works together with the other areas of the firm, conducting its operations in due diligence - focusing on the labor area, especially in the sphere of mergers and acquisitions.
Through the performance of this area, we, from Mendonça Prado Advogados, assist our clients in preventive labor consultations, in order to protect the client from contingencies, liabilities and responsibilities. In view of this dynamic of work, our team is constantly updated, working with the most recent jurisprudence and theses.
As for the performance in labor litigation, the personnel of the area work in both administrative and judicial proceedings. The focus of litigation is directed at cases that represent a significant financial impact for our clients and also in cases in which significant and strategic issues are involved, despite the amount involved.
At Mendonça Prado Advogados, the preparation of procedural defenses and discussion of consultations are carried out in synergy with the internal legal departments and with the clients' financial and human resources areas. In this way, we analyze the cost-benefit ratio, considering the most varied hypotheses, particularly with regard to litigation and considering the convenience of maintaining it.
The work of Mendonça Prado Advogados' labor area includes:
- Defense of notices of infraction drawn up that have been issued by the Regional Superintendence of Labor and Employment - SRTE;
- Defense in preparatory procedures and in public civil inquiries originated by the Public Ministry of Labor - MPT;
- Defense in public civil actions promoted by the Public Ministry of Labor;
- Defense in individual and collective labor claims that have been filed by the worker or the union of the category;
- Study of contingencies and hidden liabilities of the labor area in legal due diligence - both in mergers and acquisitions;
- Restructuring and readjusting the number of employees in mergers and acquisitions, as well as the extinction of companies and the closure of activities;
- Outsourcing services, hiring suppliers and independent representatives;
- Incentive plans, such as bonuses, stock options, restricted share units, as well as profit sharing plans;
- Legal review of salary and benefit structures;
- Hiring and international transfer of immigrant employees, whether Brazilian or foreign;
- Hiring or dismissing employees and executives;
- Negotiation of union agreements in the most varied sectors;
- Review of internal business policies;
- Matters related to maritime and port activities.